We have safety and infection control standards in place that meet or exceed the guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA) and the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH). A few of these protocols include:
- Autoclave sterilization of instruments used in your care. Autoclave sterilization equipment uses steam heat under pressure to destroy harmful microorganisms, viruses, fungi, and spores. Our autoclave sterilizer is regularly tested and monitored by a third party to verify effectiveness.
- Disinfection of all contact surfaces in treatment rooms using intermediate-level surface disinfectants after each patient is seen. These disinfectants contain germicides to destroy bacteria and virus contaminants related to serious illnesses.
- Single-unit dispensation and disposable products - dental materials are dispensed in single-use disposable containers; plastic patient comfort items and equipment covers are disposed after each use to eliminate the risk of cross-contamination.
- Reception, restrooms, and ‘touch’ areas within the common spaces in our practice are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Our team attends ongoing infection control and safety training annually and as new developments and recommendations occur in the healthcare community.
- Proper handwashing techniques are followed and personal protective equipment or ‘PPE’ is worn by each of our team members in full compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Please help us prevent the spread of viruses in our community:
- If you are scheduled to see us and not feeling well, or have been in close contact with someone that is sick, please call us in advance of your appointment to reschedule. If possible, 24 hours' notice is greatly appreciated.
- If you prefer to wear a mask in our office and do not have one, please ask our receptionist and we will be happy to provide one for you.
- We encourage you to use hand sanitizer that we have placed around the practice after touching door handles, etc.
- Limiting the number of persons that enter our facility helps to reduce the risk of spreading infection. We request that only the patient come to their dental appointment. If you are accompanying a child, we ask that only one adult guardian come with the child to their appointment.
We are humbled and privileged to serve our patients with the utmost concern for their safety. We always want you to feel completely confident in our care.
Please do not hesitate to Contact Montgomery Dental Arts if you have questions about safety measures in place to protect you and your family during dental treatment.